NEW PLAYERS TO SLMHA
NEW TO HOCKEY
NEW players just starting hockey or registering in Minor Hockey for the first time will require a Respect in Sport Certificate and a Hockey Canada ID.
If you have a player who is NEW to playing hockey, but have older children who have been playing minor hockey already, you can log into your Respect in Sport account online and add your new player to your account to receive a Hockey Canada ID for them.
Respect in Sport Parent Certificate (RIS)
- A parent/guardian must complete the RIS Parent Certificate online before their player(s) can receive a Hockey Canada ID (HCR #).
- The certificate is valid for 4 years with a May 1st expiry date.
- Takes approximately 30 minutes to complete online.
Hockey Canada ID (HCR #)
- Hockey Canada issues an ID number for each player who as registered to a Minor Hockey Association regulated by Hockey Alberta & Hockey Canada.
- This number is unique to each player and will remain the same for all future registrations for Minor Hockey in Canada.
PLAYERS MOVING TO SYLVAN LAKE
Welcome to SLMHA! We're excited to have you join our Association. To get a transfer started from your previous Minor Hockey Association, here is our checklist:
Address - is your new address located within the Town of Sylvan Lake? If your physical address is rural, please refer to our SLMHA Boundary Map to ensure you are located within our boundaries as per Hockey Alberta.
Parent Declaration Form - A Parent Declaration Form must be completed online for each player relocating from another Minor Hockey Association to Sylvan Lake Minor Hockey Association.
*Information needed to complete form
- RIS Certificate #
- RIS Certified Date
- Former Address
- Proof of Residency - copies of 2 of the following:
(Must have address within Sylvan Lake Boundaries. Please blackout any financial details)
- Driver's License/ Photo ID
- Rental Agreement
- Vehicle Registration
- Utility Bill
- Land Title
Submit Parent Declaration Form - Email address to submit Parent Declaration Form - email@example.com
***Please note: Hockey Canada has recently upgraded the Hockey Canada Registry, causing a delay in processing Moves from one Minor Hockey Association to another.
WEST CENTRAL HUB TRYOUTS
- SLMHA Members can register for WC AA Tryouts when registering for SLMHA Registration 2021-2022.
- NON-SLMHA Members must use WC Hub Tryout Registration 2021-2022.
- Must have a completed & signed AA Notification of Tryout Form to upload with your registration.
- If N.O.T. Form is not provided, players will not be permitted on-ice.
- Tryout Registration Deadline: August 31st, 2021
Tryout fees must be paid in full in order to participate in Tryouts.