VP of Development
The SLMHA Board is pleased to announce the appointment of Dallas Hand as our VP of Development.
In 2020 SLMHA changed the structure of the former Director of Development role in order to better meet the needs of both our Association Players and Coaches.
West Central Hub - Coach Application
Coach & Assistant Coach:
- All SLMHA Divisions - Complete Form to the right
- All West Central Hub Tigers & Panthers Divisions
On-Ice & Off-Ice Helpers:
- All Divisions
If interested in any of available positions, please complete the adjacent coaching application online.
For any questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
SLMHA Lakers - Coach Application
Welcome Coaches, On-Ice Help & Managers!
- Criminal Record & Vulnerability check that has been issued since May 1, 2021. A letter requesting a CRC for the purpose of Coaching is available upon request. Coaches must request a CRC & Vulnerable Sector check in person at the Sylvan Lake RCMP Detachment
- Respect in Sport Activity Leader - Coaches & On-Ice Help or anyone who will be on the bench or ice it is required
- Coach Requirements - vary by position, please refer to Coach Requirement link below to make sure you meet requirements.
- Safety - please make sure that your Safety Course is held by either a Coach, Assistant Coach or Manager. Each team requires one Safety person.
HOCKEY CANADA SPORDLE (HCR 3.0): https://register.hockeycanada.ca/home*This is the new HCR, you will likely need to create a new Hockey Canada ID as their old logins were not carried over from HCR 2.0. They will be able to check all their Coach Certifications, HCR #, Respect in Sport Certificates & Expiry.RESPECT IN SPORT - ACTIVITY LEADER (RIS): https://ha.respectgroupinc.com/koala_final/*To look up RIS # &/re-certify
COACH REQUIREMENTS: https://www.hockeyalberta.ca/coaches/clinic-information/*Coaches must have all requirements for their position completed by November 15th.COACH CLINICS: https://register.hockeycanada.ca/clinics*Coaching clinics are starting up. Please be sure to check out dates for courses you may require.