VP of Development
The SLMHA Board is pleased to announce the appointment of Brock Armstrong as our VP of Development.
In 2020 SLMHA changed the structure of the former Director of Development role in order to better meet the needs of both our Association Players and Coaches.
We would like to extend a warm WELCOME to:
- Development Lead
- Goalie Development Lead
Our Development Leads will be working with Brock Armstrong, VP of Development, to implement this season's development plan for Coaches, Players & Goalies.
2021-2022 Available Positions:
Coach & Assistant Coach:
- All SLMHA Divisions
- All West Central Hub Tigers & Panthers Divisions
- WCH Coaches Application
- July 31st application deadline for WCH Coach Application and submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
On-Ice & Off-Ice Helpers:
- All Divisions
If interested in any of available positions, please complete the adjacent coaching application online.
For any questions, please contact us at: email@example.com
We Are Hiring Coaches NOW! Apply Right Here! Quick and Easy!
Welcome Coaches, On-Ice Help & Managers!
- Criminal Record & Vulnerability check that has been issued since May 1, 2020. CRCs can now be done online and make sure you upload a copy of the SLMHA letter with your application. https://rcmp.policesolutions.ca/checks/services/rcmpab-sylvanlake/
- Respect in Sport Activity Leader - Coaches & On-Ice Help or anyone who will be on the bench or ice it is required
- Coach Requirements - vary by position, please refer to Coach Requirement link below to make sure you meet requirements.
- Safety - please make sure that your Safety Course is held by either a Coach, Assistant Coach or Manager. Each team requires one Safety person.
HOCKEY CANADA SPORDLE (HCR 3.0): https://register.hockeycanada.ca/home*This is the new HCR, you will likely need to create a new Hockey Canada ID as their old logins were not carried over from HCR 2.0. They will be able to check all their Coach Certifications, HCR #, Respect in Sport Certificates & Expiry.RESPECT IN SPORT - ACTIVITY LEADER (RIS): https://ha.respectgroupinc.com/koala_final/*To look up RIS # &/re-certify
COACH REQUIREMENTS: https://www.hockeyalberta.ca/coaches/clinic-information/*Coaches must have all requirements for their position completed by November 15th.COACH CLINICS: https://register.hockeycanada.ca/clinics*Coaching clinics are starting up. Please be sure to check out dates for courses you may require.